How can I get a Medical Marijuana ID Card?
Posted on March 07, 2018 by Jeffrey FeilerHow can I get a Medical Marijuana ID Card?
Only a qualified patient may use medical marijuana. There are currently 83,503 qualified patients in Florida as of March 2nd 2018.
To be a qualified patient, a person must:
• Be a Florida resident
• Not fraudulently represent qualification
• Have debilitating medical condition (Cancer, Epilepsy, Glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn's disease, Parkinson's disease, Multiple sclerosis (MS), Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those listed previously, A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification, Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition)
• See a qualified physician certified to recommend/prescribe medical cannabis
• Be placed in the registry by physician and linked to only one physician
• Have Office of Medical Marijuana Use Identification Card
• Not transfer product to anyone else
• Use only in permitted places
Here is a patient guide created by the Office of Medical Marijuana Use with more detailed information.