How can I Qualify as a Caregiver for someone with a Medical Marijuana ID Card
Posted on March 07, 2018 by Jeffrey FeilerHow can I qualify as a Caregiver for someone with a Medical Marijuana ID Card?
Only registered caregivers may obtain and administer medical cannabis and medical marijuana for qualified patients.
To qualify as a caregiver in Florida, a person must:
• Be 21 years old (with certain exceptions)
• Pass a background check (with certain exceptions)
• Complete a course and examination provided by DOH, when available
To obtain and assist qualified patients, a caregiver must:
• Only transfer product to qualified patients
• Not use a patient's medical marijuana
• Not administer medical marijuana in prohibited places
• Assist only one qualified patient (with certain exceptions)
• Not receive compensation
• Have the caregiver ID card in immediate possession at all times when possessing, delivering, administering